Thursday, 22 October 2009

INDIA 1st posting




I have dreaded doing this for a while but here we go. I have scanned in my drawings and I am ready to start. First i will tell you about our flight.Well... it is the longest I've ever been on the plane and first time out of Europe. The plane was huge and the size made me worry about how it stays up in the air. Really awful thoughts flew through my mind. The best thing on the flight was the little TV in front of me that i could choose what to watch and forget about my worries.
We flew from Heathrow to Mumbai and out of 6 poeple's bags only 2 arrived. We were sent from one place to another and kept getting stamps so we were hoping our bags would arrive the next day. It took about 2 days for them to send it to Goa and we went to pick them up. There were men standing infront of the airport with massive guns and they didn't want to let us in as we didn't have a ticket to fly away. Therefore it took a lot of convincing to get our bags. AHH... what joy it was to change clothes and brush my teeth:)
We were sent to Curlies ( a beach sack/bar) where we had all our meals in the beginning. It is an old hippie hang out where people still congregate in the evenings listening to trance. It gets a bit much when you cannot really talk and thumping sounds go through your scull.
Here is a drawing of the 2nd night at curlies and some of the things said in the first meeting about making a documentary.
I will try to post a drawing a day accompanied by a whimsical story from our doings in Goa.

No comments:

Post a Comment