Emma and I had a lovely day of drawing at Wilton's Music Hall. To be honest it is impossible to find but it is well worth going. From the outside you couldn't tell it used to be one of the grandest music halls in London. It is one of the oldest grand music halls in the world. They had a painting exhibition so we went in and started sketching ourselves. Here are two sketches of the stage but I hadn't drawn for a while so it took me couple of hours to loosen up. Emma talked to everyone who was there and tried to convince the artist to let us see his "secret rooms" which she is obsessed about. In the end she made a deal that was pretty much" I'll show you mine ( Rio Cinema) if you will show me yours ( Wilton's Music Hall)." Sadly, I had to go to work so I don't know if her clever plan worked. They are having an open day at the Hall on the 29th so if you are in London you should definitely go. Look at their website: http://www.wiltons.org.uk/

No comments:
Post a Comment